The purpose of this program is to train students in all phases of cosmetology. Training includes one year of classroom and laboratory activities which are necessary to become proficient as a cosmetologist. The program is approved by the State Board of Cosmetology.
Instruction includes 230 hours of theory, 1200 hours of practical and 70 unassigned clock hours - a total of 1500 hours to be completed in a year.
Upon satisfactory completion of this training a student is eligible to request examination by State Board of Cosmetology to receive license. This course meets seven and one-half hours a day, five days per week.
Special admission requirements are:
1. Complete and have on file a Copiah-Lincoln Community College official application
2. Must have a transcript from an accredited high school showing graduation or satisfactory scores on the GED test, and/or a transcript from previous college attendance on file
3. Complete a Co-Lin Cosmetology Application on testing date
4. Take Cosmetology Aptitude Test (CSAT) and COMPASS Placement Test at Copiah-Lincoln Community College
5. If accepted, the applicant must attend cosmetology orientation/pre-registration.
Books and Workbooks: $250.00
Supplies and Other Costs:
Uniform & Shoes (includes lab coat):$250.00
Sit for boards (license):$160.00